Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Lloyd Group Holding, LLC.
HGL Construction is serving as the prime contractor on this design-build historic renovation project located in the Automobile Alley District of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Originally built in 1919 for Sifers Candy Company, the building has been known as the Cain’s Coffee Building since 1941. Trademarked with the glazed white brick on the main south façade, the renovated space totals approximately 50,000 square feet over five floors, plus a basement. Renovated areas will include open-air office space, glass walls with metal framing, exposed ceiling and ductwork, a two-story atrium at the main entry doors, elevator, first-floor restaurant, an event center, and a gym in the basement. The historic windows will be repaired to the original condition, and new parking and site work will complete the exterior. All new mechanical, electrical, state-of-the-art telecommunications/data, security and access control systems will be provided to fully modernize the 100-year old building.
Anticipated self-performance of 50%
A 100-year-old historic five-story building
Strict adherence and compliance with historic requirements and standards
Significant concrete repair
Coordination and communication with adjacent 50,000 square foot, $26 million Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center construction project